Friday, September 5, 2008

25th – Our last day – Other team mates leave.

As I packed up and said good bye to my team mate, and people who I met from other sports and other countries, I had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. You know everyone comes here for one reason or another, some come here for a political stand, some are here just to be here, and a lot of us, including myself came here to win, although I didn’t come home with a medal, I did come home with a little bit more insight as to how good our lives are back home and how lucky we are to be Canadian. I defiantly have had a lot of fun here, meeting new people and having some great times watching the events, and as I’m leaving – I really do begin to realize how amazing the Olympic games are – not only for a chance at glory but for so many other reasons. One world one dream is the slogan here in Beijing, and even china has adapted a real effort towards bettering people’s lives and having world peace. Or at least they look like they are trying :P. Anyways today we didn’t do anything at all, we packed up the rest of our stuff, and then went and traded some of our team Canada gear for some other gear from other countries. After that it was a relaxed night, and an early bed time.

No comments: