Friday, September 5, 2008

26th – Home

It was kind of sad day - getting on the bus, heading home - not because I didn’t stand on the podium, I mean I still think about my loss every day I wake up, but I’m not really sad about it anymore. The reason I was kinda sad was because maybe that was the last chance I will get to compete at such a high level. Maybe that was it, my one and only Olympics. As everyone knows nothing is promised in this world, and I am really happy that I got a chance to represent my country at the biggest sporting event worldwide. I will do my best to be here in 4 years, there are a lot of factors such as injury that will play a part in that. But when and if I do make that team for 2012 you can bet I will be going for nothing but Gold. I want to be the first person from Canada to win an Olympic gold in Judo and hopefully will a lot of hard work my dream will come true in 4 years time.

The day was pretty much the same as every travel day for us, we headed to the airport, hung out in the lounge for a bit until our boarding time was up, and then headed for home sweet home. This trip was a long one and I am looking forward to just relaxing a bit, sitting on my couch and watching some NFL football. The season will be starting soon, so I can’t wait!

No comments: